What is a Urologist AND WHAT DO THEY TREAT?
Urologists are surgeons who treat men, women, and children with problems involving the kidney, bladder, prostate, and male reproductive organs. These conditions include cancer, stones, infection, incontinence, sexual dysfunction, and pelvic floor problems.
What should I bring with me to my appointment?
- Referral letter from your General Practitioner, or referring specialist doctor
- Medical Aid information
- Copies of medical results, a hard copy of your X-rays, CT scans, etc from your referring doctor
- If you have had surgery elsewhere, a copy of your operation report
- A list of your medications, allergies, and other medical conditions
Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
Whilst it is preferred that you obtain a referral from your general practitioner or referring specialist, it is not mandatory.
What are some Common conditions treated?
- Prostate diseases (both benign and malignant)
- Adrenal Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney cancer-including kidney stones
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Incontinence – loss of bladder control
- Prostate Cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Testicular Cancer
- Testosterone Deficiency
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Urethral /Penile Cancer
What should I expect at my first Consultation?
At your first visit, you will usually explain your urological problem to Dr. Dhanjee. He will also review the information provided by your referring doctor, document your medical history, perform a physical examination, and also perform relevant specialised tests if needed.
Are my medical records kept confidential?
Your medical file is handled with the utmost respect for your privacy. Our staff is bound by strict confidentiality requirements as a condition of employment regarding your medical records.
Do Urologists perform surgery?
Yes, Urologists see patients in the office and perform surgery in the office or operating room if needed.
How can I provide feedback to Urologist MD?
We want to hear from you! Please email us at email@example.com to let us know in what ways we are doing well, and in what ways we could be doing better.